- FREE interview/consultation (Zoom or in person)
- Meet with you and your partner at least twice during pregnancy.
- One visit with your care provider if desired
- Share my lending library
- Find out how your partner wants to be involved and how I can support him/her
- Help making a birth plan
- Available 24/7 by phone and/or email
- Continuous emotional, physical, and informational support throughout pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and postpartum up to one year
- Baby information regarding vaccines, breastfeeding, diapering, and baby wearing
- Stay with you at least 2 hours after the birth, until you feel comfortable.
- At least 1 postpartum visit to get feedback and answer any questions, baby tips (swaddling, wearing, etc), breastfeeding support, recovery check-in, etc.
Fee: Please contact me about fees for doula services. I operate on a sliding scale and offer bartering and payment plans for clients.
No birthing mother should opt out of a doula due to cost.
Birth rates are based on sliding scale of $900-1500 for home birth, $1100-1500 for birth center and hospital birth.
If funds are an issue, please contact me for payment plans and pay-what-you-can availability.
Payments via HSA, cash, credit card, check, Venmo, Paypal, Zelle accepted.
Will also help you file for reimbursement via insurance.
Antepartum (Pregnancy) and Postpartum Doula Services
Specific tasks of postpartum services change day to day and vary from family to family. These services can include:
- Light cleaning/cooking
- Baby wearing
- Diapering (including cloth)
- Baby care help
- Running errands
- Informational support
- Teaching other family members how to ‘Mother the Mother’
- Breastfeeding help
- Night Support
Fee: $35-40/hour (based on sliding scale)
If funds are an issue, please contact me for
payment plans and pay-what-you-can availability.
Payments via HSA, cash, credit card, check, Venmo,
Paypal, Zelle accepted.
Will also help you file for reimbursement via
Many parents prefer a transition from the hospital or birth center once home once the help of the nurses or midwives is no longer at hand. A warm visit may be all you need to boost your confidence and restore your know-how.
Tuck-In Services include
- Meet you when you arrive home (or directly after the midwife leaves from your homebirth)
- Help you get settled in
- Birth processing (for mama and/or papa)
- Meal planning
- Start a load of laundry
- Organize help from family/friends
- Ensure you rest
- Answer any breastfeeding or newborn question
- Get you set up for the upcoming night/day on your own.
Tuck-In can also be a brief visit before you turn in for the night. A simple affordable alternative when overnight care isn’t quite what you need.
In addition to the typical Tuck-In, a night visit can include:
- A processing of the previous nights at hospital or at home
- Suggestions for a smoother night
- Make sure you have all you need by your side for the night (snack, water, diapers, wipes, etc.)
Fee: $175/visit (usually 90 minutes)
Please contact me if funds are an issue.
Homemade Baby Formula
Sometimes (although rarely) breastfeeding isn’t possible for a mother or baby. In these circumstances, there are alternatives to processed commercial formula.
Homemade baby formula is a raw milk based formula fortified with many nutrient rich oils and supplements. It is intended to be as close to breast milk as possible from a nutrient perspective. Some parents find much fulfillment in not only the formula itself, but also in the process of preparing the formula for their baby.
For detailed information, you can visit The Weston A Price Foundation’s website on this topic or Dr. Mercola’s site or download an article on this topic, click here.
For this service, I will bring all necessary ingredients and supplies to your home, preparing the formula in your kitchen and store it in your freezer/refrigerator. Storage containers are available for purchase if needed. If parents choose to make the formula themselves, home classes are available for additional fee.
A 48 hour noticed is required for orders to ensure supplies.